It’s Pandemic and the Incidence of Car Theft is Rising Fast!
Car Theft – Now, almost one million motor vehicles get stolen every year! Car theft and car part thefts have increased significantly as criminals take advantage of the pandemic season! Read on to find out how you can protect yourself and your car amid the coronavirus pandemic!
Fend off Car Thieves with these Expert Recommendations
Based on a study conducted by the National Insurance Crime Bureau, there’s been a 9.7% increase in motor vehicle theft from year 2019 to year 2020. From 799,644 in 2019, they’d recorded 873,080 thefts in 2020.
Theft of catalytic converter was also deeply alarming. Thieves had been sawing these car parts from a car’s exhaust system to sell the precious metals they contain. Catalytic converters, which regulate a vehicle’s exhaust emission, are made of rhodium, platinum, and palladium. Rhodium especially commands a high price, ranging from $20,000 up to almost $30,000 per ounce due to its rarity.
Here are expert recommendations from the Interpol and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- By adopting the same degree of vigilance in your dealing with the dangers of Covid-19 infection, you can avoid situations and environments that appear suspicious like unscrupulous characters on a prowl.
- Fully lock all of your car doors and windows, never leaving even an inch of opening.
- Don’t ever make the mistake of leaving your car keys in the ignition, or leave the ignition running. It can take just a few seconds to get a car stolen.
- Don’t ever leave valuables inside your car, especially your vehicle registration. Getting a copy of your vehicle registration will make it easier for those criminals to sell your car should they be able to steal it.
- If what you’ve got is a key fob, place it in a Faraday bag to repel radio signals or electro-magnetic waves which a thief may be using to steal your data.
- Make sure to park your car only in safe areas, where there’s adequate light.
- Car thieves also have an aversion for cameras. So, if you must park on the street due to the absence of a garage, it’s to your benefit that the area is well-lit and aided by a CCTV system.
- Another wise move to deter these crooks is to get your vehicle identification number (VIN) engraved on your car windows. These criminals don’t like incurring additional costs for replacement of such glass windows.
- Install your car with a protection device such as steering wheel lock, an immobilizer, or an audio alarm. You can also prevent car parts theft with a hood lock or a catalytic converter lock.
- You should also consider investing in a GPS device. This will make it easier for authorities to track down your car just in case it gets stolen.
Call Tarzana Lock and Safe for a free consultation at (818) 600-2439!
You can Save More Money by Choosing Tarzana Lock and Safe
Tarzana Lock and Safe is a bonded and insured company which has been in service of Los Angeles for years. We’re trusted for our fast and efficient locksmith services, which are available 24/7 all-year-round.
Aside from making our services affordable to everyone, it helps them save more money due to the excellent standard we maintain at work. It minimizes the need for constant repair, much less the constant need for lock changes.
Here’s a list of our ever-reliable Automobile Locksmith Services:
- Lockouts: car, van, truck
- Key-cutting, duplication, and replacement
- Automobile lock picking
- Installation of advanced protection devices for cars and vans
- Broken key extraction
- Ignition repair and replacement
- Jammed door unlocking
- Jammed trunk unlocking
These services are available in the following areas in LA:
- Beverly Hills
- Studio City
- North Hollywood
- Van Nuys
- Bel Air
- Canoga Park
- West Hills
- Culver City
- Sherman Oaks
- and surrounding localities
So, if you want to get excellent locksmith services that come with terrific savings, just call Tarzana Lock and Safe at (818) 600-2439!
Discover Everything Else Tarzana Lock and Safe Offers!
Yes, Tarzana Lock and Safe offers more than excellent services for your car! We also provide high-level security for LA homes and businesses, including keyless entries through the use of cards, codes, and biometrics.
Check out some of our popular products and security solutions:
- Digital access control systems
- High-caliber security locks
- Master key system
- Lock installation, repair, and replacement
- Surveillance camera installation and repair
- CCTV installation and maintenance
- Door installation and repair
- Gate lock installation and repair
- Exit door bars installation and repair
- Residential and commercial lockouts
If you want optimum benefits for your home, business, and car, contact Tarzana Lock and Safe for all of your locksmith needs! Call us now at (818) 600-2439!